|The quality of education can’t be the best for the quality of its teachers – was the conclusion of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. The best results showed the countries that have relied on the increasing professionalism of teachers who consistently improve the quality of teaching staff. Also, PISA results show that cooperation between schools and teachers, supportive educational atmosphere and a good relationship between teachers and students are more effective to increase student achievement than market mechanisms.
The idea (un)conference EdCamp – bring together and create a creative atmosphere for smart-minded teachers with ideas on how to improve education. It’s in such environments experience exchanges and inter-inspiration synergistic effect occurs when the 2 + 2 = 10 This effect allows you to organize co–operation and to expand new generation of teachers, which isn’t controlled by the old stereotypes of learning and makes the school a modern, high quality and competitive.
The purpose of (un)conference EdCamp in Belarus: to create an informal creative platform for interactive communication of the best Belarusian teachers to exchange ideas, experiences, inter-learning, inter-inspiration and planning new actions to improve education.
EdCamp Belarus was launched in 2016. In 2019, we passed state registration. During the work we:
– held 3 national (Un)conferences EdCamp Belarus, which brought together more than 600 participants
– conducted 4 mini-edcamps in the regions (Voropaego, Stolin, Glubokoe, Brest), which brought together more than 250 participants. Mini-edcamps allowed us to integrate into the formal education system. They are held in schools, with the support and assistance of local education departments and local authorities.
– since the beginning of 2020, we have held two round tables on topics that are significant for Belarusian education: the results of the PISA study; the problem of bullying in schools. The round tables were attended by teachers and school administrations, representatives of international organizations, representatives of ministries and departments.
– Representatives of our organization have been acting as experts at EdCamp Ukraine for the past four years.
– Our initiatives are widely covered in state and independent media.
EdCamp Belarus has been working with school teachers and administrations for more than three years. During this time, we have created a network of more than 1000 professionals.